So This is Christmas...

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Decking the halls, silent nights, home alone.  I love every aspect of Christmas.  I was chomping at the bit to be able to listen to Christmas music and it was all holiday tunes all the time after Thanksgiving. The entire season just makes me happy.  Regardless of how many hours I work (a lot, Christmas parties ya'll), or the crowds, there is peace and happiness in each and every day.  I love watching the generosity and truly taking time to reflect on the year and on the blessings we have.

Luckily Steve is a fan of the season as well and was willing to get out and make our house look festive!  He is an expert light hanger and get them pretty darn straight. We don't quite have enough lights for our new house, but it looked pretty good!













I think it is easy to let the hustle and bustle of the season take over and too easy to go into stress mode.  This year I really didn't stress. We got our shopping finished early and Steve may or may not have wrapped all of our gifts.  (Um, yeah, he is pretty amazing.) I was able to enjoy my fuzzy wuzzy feelings and really reflect on what the season is all about.  (Cue the voice of Linus and his Bethlehem monologue.)

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground