Keep Truckin...

Friday, August 20, 2010




I am so stinkin glad the weather is cooling off! When I got up to run this morning (at 5:30) it was only 68 degrees! I was only somewhat drenched when I got him instead of monsooned. I have actually kind of slacked in my training the last couple weeks but I am determined to get back on track with my long runs!

I did run 5ks the last two weekends in a row and placed both weeks! I ran the Smyrna Parks 5k two weeks ago and ran a 23:16 with second place in my age group. I ran the Fenton Payne and Fred 5k last weekend and ran a 24:04 and also placed second in my age group.

So far this week I have logged a 6 mile and 4 mile run. I am hoping to get a 10-11 mile run in tomororw and get back to my schedule next week.

I really have to get serious on my fundraising as well. My child partner this time is adorable and I can't wait to meet her. Her name is Maleigha and her photo is below.

My name is Maleigha. I am four years old. I have Spina Bifida and have been goign to Special Kids for physical therapy for two years now. I have two brothers that I love very much. I also love Dora the Explorer and anything with princesses.

If you would like to see my training schedule or to make a donation to support my training and Special Kids you can visit the site below:
www.teamask.org/athlete/rebeccageorge

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground