Chattanooga Weekend

Saturday, July 23, 2011

My son is officially a jet setter. A couple weeks ago he spent Thursday-Sunday night out of town with my parents in Chattanooga and then he went to Birmingham with Tracy to visit Amanda and Daniel (and Will and Maggie) the following Tuesday. He seemed to do pretty well being away from us but was a bit clingy when he saw us.

Hitting the road

I went to Chattanooga on Sunday to pick him up and to go to a baby shower for my friend Becky. (Ok, don't have photos from that yet because I didn't bring my camera). I found Cian having a great time with Meme and Grumpa. They had taken him to the zoo and to see a movie so I know he was well spoiled that weekend. They also bought him a sprinkler and he and Grumpa had a great time running through it.

Cian would not wear his shoes and wouldn't let Grumpa wear his either. This presented a problem because the grass and dirt were sticking to his wet feet and Cian didn't like his feet dirty so he kept getting in the little pool to clean them off. Sunday night we had dinner at my Aunt's new house and swam in their pool. She is probably lucky that we don't live closer so she can't come outside to find us hanging out by the pool. (Guess what unprepared blogger didn't take photos there either)??

Cian and Grumpa running through the sprinkler. Notice the old man shoes that my dad was wearing. I think he actually got those from my grandfather...

Monday I went funyaking on the Hiwassee river with some friends. A funyak is basically a big one person raft. The water was pretty calm and it was beautiful! I have rafted the Ocoee and the Nantahala but hadn't been on the Hiwassee. Since I happen to have junk in the trunk (er belly) we could't full on raft but floating was relaxing and really fun! I purposely didn't bring my camera so it wouldn't get wet so all you can see is the after photo...

Laine, Nicholl, me and Bonnie

It was so nice to be out on the river. Despite the fact that they dam up the water and let it run every morning it is nice to be in nature and feel so close to the beauty that God created.

Monday night we had to head back to Murfreesboro and reality. I was glad to have Cian back home because the house felt so quiet and empty without him.

Heading home

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground