Six Months Old

Monday, April 23, 2012

And just like that half a year has passed.  Just like that I blinked and my daughter is six months old.  She is a curious, rolling, roly-poly little person; a person who expressed her likes (baby food) and dislikes (going to bed without being snuggled) and who expressed her love for her mom and dad and especially for her big brother.  Just like that we are in a two-kid routine and she is a huge part of our lives forever.

 Little Isla,

You are such a smiley, happy, laughing part of our lives, even if daddy goes get "frusturate" with you when you cry.
  •  You are rolling everywhere. You want to move so bad and you are trying to but can't quite figure it out.  We are afraid you will be crawling very soon.
  • You can still wear some of your 0-3 onesies but you have mostly moved up to 3-6 month clothes.  You are definitely growing, we can see it in those sweet baby cheeks. (I have nicknamed you jowlie.)
  • Cian's nickname for you, baby Islie has stuck.  You are also Isla Kate and baby girl.  There is a song I sing after every time I say baby girl.
  • You are so happy.  People often comment on what a happy and easy baby you are.  Daddy thinks otherwise because you are a bit difficult at bedtime.  Yes you, much like your older brother, do not like to put yourself to sleep.  You like to be snuggled until you are good and asleep and then put in your own bed. This happens some nights and then others I am afraid you are left crying in your bed.  There is a little bit of mommy guilt on those nights.
  • We started using size two diapers because we ran out of ones.  I thought this was going to work out great since you were in the weight range but I was holding you the other day and I felt some warmth on my leg.  Yep, peed right out of that size two...
  • You have a superhuman grip.  When you grab onto something I have to use some strength to get it away from you.  My little Herculette.
  • Everything, and I mean everything, goes in your mouth. We are going to have to watch you, especially with Cian's little toys. (legos)
  • I think you are going to love holding soft things. You like holding your blankets and little lovey animals.
I am still so thankful for you and the blessing you are to our lives. I am so excited to see the girl and then woman you will become.

Love,

Mommy
Isla went to the doctor today and she weighs 14lbs 7oz and is 25.5 inches long. She is in the 20th percentile for weight and 40th for height. My little baby girl.
one month through six months



No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground