Signs

Friday, May 14, 2010

I am pretty sure I have a tendency to ignore God. It's not that I want to, it's just that sometimes I get His point and I don't do what I should with it. I know He speaks, maybe not in spoken words, but He has a way. Sometimes things just happen and I go, "Ok, God, I get it. I'm listening." One particular instance of this happened this Thursday. (And yes, what I am about to tell you is a shallow story but a lesson I have spent 12 years learning). I was driving down a pretty curvy back road, and if you have ever ridden with me you know this is a scary thing. I won't get into the two wrecks in one week which resulted in totaling a car story now, but you get the gist. The car in front of me put on his turn signal and of course I was going a little too fast and I had to slam on my brakes to stop. Yes mom, I was three car lengths behind the car and I know, I need to slow my roll. Screecccchhhh, my brakes were slammed, the thank you notes in my front seat went flying into the floorboard and my arm went straight across the passenger seat to "catch" the non-existent person. (Yep, I pulled a stop short, Mr. Costanza would be so proud). The cars turned and it was my turn to start going again so I ignored the stuff that had been thrust at lighting speed into the floorboard. When I started going again I looked over at a church to my right and the marquee said this:
Ok, God. I get it.

2 comments:

Lauren Elizabeth said...

Beccaaa! Love your blog!You are a great writer!One more for me to follow!
Funny you did a short stop! I do that everytime I have to hit the brakes hard too!!!!!
miss you girlie!

Fabi

Becca George said...

Thanks Fabes! I always do the stop short, even if it is just stuff in my front seat, haha! Miss you--see you in September though!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground