Father's Day

Sunday, June 20, 2010

To my husband on Father's Day,


You became a father the minute we found out little Cian was on the way. I know it seemed distant not being able to meet him for so long as he grew in my stomach but you were there waiting for his big entrance. You were right next to me coaching as Cian came into this world. You were proud. Proud of me and proud of being a father. It wasn't easy at first, it still isn't easy but you are always there for me and for Cian. I can tell you love your son by the way you look at him and listen to him. You are alwasy willing to throw his ball with him and he is so amazed by you. Cian loves to watch his daddy play games and loves to sit in your lap while you play. You can toss, chase, and tickle Cian better than anyone else. You are also there when he needs comforting to give hugs, kisses and love when you hear Cian's little voice calling and see his little hands reaching for daddy.

I loved watching you with Cian as he was a little baby and I love growing beside you as Cian grows. It will be an amzing journey as we deal with the struggles of parenthood but I am so thankful that you are next to me and that you will are Cian's dad. I hope Cian grows up to be a kind, loving man like his dad. I pray that he loves his family as much as you do. Thank you for being my husband, friend and for being a wonderful dad.

Love,

Becca (and Cian)




Walk a Little Slower Daddy


"Walk a little slower daddy," said a little child so small.
I'm following in your footsteps and I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast, sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower daddy, for you are leading me.

Someday when I"m all grown up, your're what I want to be.
Then I will have a child who will want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right, and know that I was true;
So, walk a little slower daddy, for I must follow you!

-Author Unknown

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground