Goodnight Moon

Tuesday, October 12, 2010




For awhile now Cian has loved to have us read to him. He has the same hand full of books that he loves, ABC, Look at Me, Brown Bear Brown Bear What do you see, Polar Bear Polar Bear what do you hear and a few others. I actually have the ABC book memorized, yep, don't even need to look at the words anymore. He will go into his room and get a book out of his bookshelf then bring it to you and say "read it". This is so cute and how can you resist?? Reading has gone beyond just a before bed thing and to an any random time of the day thing.

I am so excited about this! I just hope he continues this love for books! When we read "Brown Bear" I can ask him, "which one is the yellow duck?" and he can point to all the animals correctly! It is so cute to hear him try to repeat some of the animal names like hippopotamus and walrus. Steve or I almost always read to Cian at night, and last night when he was in bed he wanted to read the book himself. The gave it to daddy and said "read it."
I love having a book, a bound book that you can smell the pages of, in hand. Steve has been trying to convince me to get a kindle or something like it for about a year now. While I like the idea of having access to hundreds of books at my fingertips I think I would just miss the feel of a book and my full bookshelf. I can't imagine going to a midnight kindle release or not being able to browse books in the bookstore to find just the right one to read next. I even got a library card recently and have it on my list of things to do to go to the library more often. Right now I am reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I just finished Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.
I really enjoyed Water for Elephants, it was kind of depressing (it was the depression) but I thought it was such beautiful, well written story. It was amazing to read an account of what a traveling circus could have been like. It is both fascinating and horrifying. As an animal lover, is sad to see how some of them are treated but refreshing to see Marlena's love for them all, especially her horses.
We will see what happens with the Kindle, but I have a feeling I am not going down without kicking and screaming.

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground