Christmas Morning and Christmas Day

Friday, January 21, 2011

My parent's house in Chattanooga

I have always been dreaming of a white Christmas, and that is what we woke up to this year. We had a very light little dusting of snow. We were headed to Chattanooga though and they had a four inch dusting.

We haven't arrived at the Christmas mornings where Cian is running in at 6 am dragging us out of bed yet. We got to sleep in until about 7:30 or 8, which was wonderful! We woke Cian up to show him the gifts Santa had left under the tree. I am pretty sure he had more fun opening them than actually plying with the gifts.
Sitting on his Cars chair from Santa

Cian must have been good this year

Opening his first gift
After eating candy from his stocking

After gifts we headed over to Bill and Karen's for breakfast and then were planning on leaving from there for Chattanooga. We were worried that the roads leading to my parent's house, which is on a ridge, would be too dangerous for us to make it. They called and told us not to attempt the trip, but then called and decided they were ok so we headed to Chattanooga.

We celebrated Christmas with my parent's and my brother and his wife Bonnie Christmas night and then my extended family came over on the 26th so we could do our Christmas brunch. (Poor Steve had to celebrate Christmas on his birthday). For as far back as I can remember my dad's side of the family has come over on Christmas morning and we have had a sausage egg casserole, fruit casserole, yummy bacon and assorted breads and spreads. It is one of my favorite meals and traditions. We were supposed to do this the evening of Christmas but waited until the next day because of the snow.

Mimi and Grumpa getting ready to open gifts

Ben and Bonnie

1 comment:

Amanda said...

But that's Will's Lightning McQueen couch, mom. Love the chocolate face! Nothing like candy first thing in the morning :)

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground