New Year's Eve

Friday, January 28, 2011

The beginning of 2011 started for me by blowing on a horn with a room full of people for a good 20 minutes. I'm not going to lie this was both hilarious and juvenile. It made me really happy. I usually have to work every year for NYE but this year I was off--all night! This meant we were going to a party. If you know my husband you know he is not the party type, he is the sit at home and play games by himself type. This year we spend New Years apart. I know it sounds crazy to other couples but it works for us. I took Cian to Chattanooga with me and he got to spend time with Mimi and Grumpa.

My friends Bonnie and Corey had a party at their house and it looked like Martha Stewart had been there all day making the food. She has dips, sausages, macaroons, cupcakes, cookies and you name it. They had me at Gigi's cupcakes and cookies on a stick. She also has some really great serving pieces, which I am lacking. I went with one of my best friends, Laine, whose husband was in Afghanistan so I at least had a date. Laine and I did not get the memo that it was a sequined/sparkly dress party and we just wore jeans, wah wah. We had a great time, I was able to hang out with friends I hadn't seen in quite awhile and Laine and I were able to sit up until 5AM talking. It was just like college! (And yes, I was very tired when Cian woke up but he did sleep in till 8!)


Corey and the amazing spread of food

2010 was a great year and I know 2011 brings great things! I can't wait to see where God leads us.

Laine and I eating (no, we didn't stop at Sonic on the way just in case there wasn't a lot of food and still eat a couple plates full at the party...)


People always gather in the kitchen...

Party hats, check, horns, check. Time to bring in the new year


Almost Midnight...

5,4,3, 2, 1...Happy New Year

Happy (belated) New Year!

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground