Some days...

Friday, August 26, 2011

You just have to realize that you are not getting the mom of the year award. Today was one of those days for me.

This morning while Cian was brushing his teeth and hiding behind the shower curtain he found my razor. (Yep, the one that was just sitting on the edge of the bathtub with easy access). Well I guess he thought it would be fun to brush his teeth with the razor because when I "found" him his lip was bleeding. I am not talking busted head open bleeding but it was red. Way to go mom, let your kid play with razors.

I was reminded again this evening when Cian ate a hamburger bun with peanut butter on it for dinner. Yep, I need to go to the grocery store that badly. He did eat it up and seemed to enjoy it. In my defense, when we have burgers he only eats the buns. I just skipped the wasted burger part.


We ended the night watching Despicable Me again. I let my son stay up till 9:30 again as well. I don't feel so bad about this one, I love snuggling on the couch watching a movie with Cian, especially on nights like tonight when I know Steve is working late and it is just the two of us.

What is the moral of the story you ask? Well, it is that our lives are not perfect. I am not super mom nor will I ever pretend to be. Some days I am just thankful that I had a hamburger bun to feed him and that the razor didn't shred his lip too much. I am also thankful that God listens to all my parenting questions. I do have them pretty frequently.

So next time you feel like all the other parents have it figured out remember that they don't. (Ok, can't speak for everyone but remember that I don't). Most people are just grasping at straws and learning what to do. Oh and a lot of prayer. (Please Lord help me not to kill him, sorry Lord that I just yelled at him, thank you Lord for this sweet miracle, thank you Lord that he just shared without being asked). For all the things we do wrong we do things right. I was chosen to be a mom, Cian and Isla's mom, for a reason.

Cian and Olivia at the playground

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground